Physical training and Sport. Theoretical and methodical aspects of physical education and sport
Improvement of Physical Preparedness of Athletes in Classic Powerlifting at the Stage of Preparation for Higher Achievements Using Load Components Planning in Exercise GroupsRoztorhui M. 1, Tovstonoh O. 1, Smuchok V. 2, Shandrygos V. 3, Seletskyi I. 1
- 1 - Ivan Boberskiy Lviv State University of Physical Culture. 11, Kostiushko St., Lviv 79000, Ukraine
- 2 - Precarpathian Faculty of the National Academy of Internal Affairs. 3, National Guard St., Ivano-Frankivsk 76000, Ukraine
- 3 - Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University. 2, Maxyma Kryvonosa St.Ternopil 46027, Ukraine
Despite the active development of classical powerlifting in recent decades, the construction of training athletes in this division was based on the scientific achievements of researchers in equipment powerlifting, based on abrupt planning of sports volume and intensity of increasing load in the structural. Taking into account the impossibility of using significant indicators of volume and intensity in classical powerlifting, it is important to study ways to improve the construction of training powerlifters of different qualifications.
The purpose of the study was to substantiate the effectiveness of the application of load component planning in groups of exercises in building the training of athletes in classical powerlifting at the stage of preparation for higher achievements.
Material and methods. To achieve this goal we used theoretical analysis and generalization of data from scientific and methodological literature and the world information network Internet; documentary method; pedagogical observation; pedagogical experiment; methods of mathematical statistics. Based on the analysis of existing scientific knowledge and best practices, the need to find ways to improve training programs for athletes in classical powerlifting at the stage of preparation for higher achievements as one of the most important structural elements of athletes' athletic potential was substantiated.
Results and discussion. As a result of the pedagogical experiment, there were significant differences in the performance of athletes of the control and experimental groups before and after the experiment in two of the four tests. Significant differences between the indicators of physical fitness of athletes in the control and experimental groups after the experiment were found in tests aimed at determining the level of development of strength capabilities. In two tests we found no significant differences between the indicators of the athletes of the experimental and control groups.
Conclusion. The results of pedagogical experiment revealed reliable indicators of growth of physical fitness in three tests in athletes of experimental and control group. There were no reliable growth rates in both groups after the pedagogical experiment in the test "Running 30 m from a high start". The indicators of growth of physical fitness in the tests "Pull-up on the crossbar" and "Jumping from a place" in the athletes of the experimental group were higher than in the control group, which confirmed the higher efficiency of the author's powerlifters training program.
Conclusion. Thus, planning load components in different groups of exercises in microcycles in accordance with their focus in the training of powerlifters in preparation for higher achievements allowed ensuring a sufficient level of adaptive shifts to increase athletes preparedness on the background of reducing the total annual load
Keywords: volume, intensity, powerlifters, training system, physical qualities
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 379K
- Tovstonoh O, Roztorhui M, Zahura F, Vynogradskyi B. Experimental substantiation of teaching algorithm of technique in weightlifting and powerlifting competitive exercises. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2015; 15(2): 319-23.
- Androulakis-Korakakis P, Fisher J, Kolokotronis Androulakis-Korakakis PP. Reduced Volume ‘Daily Max’ Training Compared to Higher Volume Periodized Training in Powerlifters Preparing for Competition–A Pilot Study. Sports (Basel). 2018; 6(3): 86. https://doi.org/10.3390/sports6030086
- Dankel SJ, Counts BR, Barnett BE, Buckner SL, Abe T, Loenneke JP. Muscle adaptations following 21 consecutive days of strength test familiarization compared with traditional training. Muscle & Nerve. 2017; 56: 307-314. https://doi.org/10.1002/mus.25488
- Bengtsson V, Berglund L, Aasa U. Narrative review of injuries in powerlifting with special reference to their association to the squat, bench press and deadlift. BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine. 2018; 4: e000382. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjsem-2018-000382
- Kapko IO, Bazayev SG, Oleshko VG. Pauerliftyng. Navchalna programa dlya dytyacho-yunatskykh sportyvnykh shkil [Powerlifting. Curriculum for children and youth sports schools]. Kyiv: Derzh sluzhba molodi ta sportu Ukrayiny, Resp nauk-metod kab, Federatsiya pauerliftyngu Ukrayiny; 2013. 94 s. [Ukrainian]
- Mattocks K, Buckner S, Jesse M, Dankel JS, Mouser JG, Loenneke PJ. Practicing the test produces strength equivalent to higher volume training. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2015; 49: 1945-1954. https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000001300
- Pritchard H, Keogh J, Barnes M, McGuigan M. Effects and mechanisms of tapering in maximizing muscular strength. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2015; 37: 72-83. https://doi.org/10.1519/SSC.0000000000000125
- Zourdos M, Dolan C, Quiles J, Klemp A. Efficacy of daily one-repetition maximum squat training in well-trained lifters. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2015; 47: 940. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.mss.0000479287.40858.b7
- Helms E, Storey A, Cross M, R Brown S. RPE and Velocity relationships for the back squat, bench press, and deadlift in powerlifters. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2017; 31: 292-297. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001517
- Kompf J, Arandjelovic O. The Sticking Point in the Bench Press, the Squat, and the Deadlift: Similarities and Differences, and Their Significance for Research and Practice. Sports medicine. 2017; 47(4): 631-640. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-016-0615-9
- Verbovyy VP, Roztorguy MS. Struktura ta zmist programy pidgotovky sportsmeniv u klasychnomu pauerliftyngu na etapi pidgotovky do vyshchykh dosyagnen [The structure and content of the training program for athletes in classical powerlifting at the stage of preparation for higher achievements]. Naukovyy chasopys Natsionalnogo pedagogichnogo universytetu MP Dragomanova. Seriya 15. Naukovo–pedagogichni problemy fizychnoyi kultury (fizychna kultura i sport). 2020; 3(123): 24-29. [Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.31392/NPU-nc.series15.2020.3(123).04