Physical training and Sport. Reviews
Specifics of the Development of Strength Abilities in Modern WrestlingManolachi Victor
- State University of Physical Education and Sport. 24/1, Andrei Doga St., Chisinau 2024, Republic of Moldova
This paper analyzes the well-known specialized literature on the proper coverage of the problems of strength abilities development in wrestlers of different sports styles, as a leading motor quality in the creation of technical and tactical skills.
The purpose of the research was the theoretical analysis of the characteristics of the training process in wrestling concerning the creation of strength abilities at the modern stage of sports improvement.
Material and methods. This research was conducted using the method of specialized literature analysis and practical experience interpretation. The information was analyzed chronologically in the textbooks, monographs, papers, teaching aids and other publications (available up to 2020) about the sports training of the wrestlers. The extraction and presentation of the data focused on the methods and means for developing the strength abilities.
Results and discussion. The specialized literature referring to various types of martial arts has been thoroughly studied. The analysis has made a comparison between the content and significance of the bibliographic sources and has assessed their importance for the training process. These sources recommend the use of certain methods and means for developing the strength abilities of the wrestlers of different styles based on the general and special didactic principles of sports training. Considering all the factors that determine the effectiveness of wrestlers’ competitive activity, the means and methods necessary for the implementation of complex technical and tactical actions in wrestling were submitted to experimental validation.
Special attention was paid to the most important elements of techniques, variability of motion actions depending on the emerging dynamic situations, switching from one technique to another.
The development of general didactic principles in sports is focused on educational training. The general didactic principles, together with a wide range of knowledge related to sports training are only the basis for the formation of special patterns and principles.
Special principles do not strictly standardize the structure and content of athletes' training, but they are generalizations and methodological guidelines that provide rational support and a solid scientific platform for this training.
The results of the study of specialized literature revealed the necessity for broad coverage of the ways to implement the specific principles in the training of wrestlers. The available specialized literature sources showed that the wrestlers’ strength development was perceived as a secondary part of training compared to the improvement of their technical skills.
Conclusion. Carrying out the theoretical analysis of the training process features in wrestling pointed out the recommendations of the methods and means used to develop the strength skills of the wrestlers according to the general and special principles of the sports training
Keywords: wrestling; general and special principles; strength abilities; training methods; modern stage
Full text: PDF (Eng) 288K
- Ivanyuzhenkov BV, Nelyubin VV. Individualnoye taktiko-tekhnicheskoye masterstvo vysokokvalifitsirovannykh bortsov [Individual tactical and technical skill of highly qualified wrestlers]. Vestnik Baltiyskoy pedagogicheskoy akademii. 2005; 62; 96-106. [Russian]
- Kaello VV, Bobrov IV, Apoyko RN, Tarakanov BI. Dynamics of Sports Technical Indices of Competitive Activity of Elite Greco-Roman Wrestlers. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2014; 2: 7. Available from: http://www.teoriya.ru/ru/node/2066.-20
- Manolachi VG. Sportivnaja bor'ba – teorija i metodika [Wrestling - theory and methodology] Kishinev: Central'naja tipografija; 2003. 400 p. [Russian]
- Galkovskij NM, Katulin AZ. Sportivnaja bor'ba (klassicheskaja, vol'naja, sambo) [Sports wrestling (Greco-Roman, free-style, sambo)]. M: FiS; 1968. [Russian]
- Ivanov II, Kuznecov AS, Samurgashev RV, Shulika JuA. Bor'ba greko-rimskaja [GrecoRoman wrestling]. RnD: Feniks; 2004. 800 p. [Russian]
- Ivanov-Katanskij AB. Vysshaja tehnika karatje [Karate highest technique]. M: Sport; 1997. 528 p. [Russian]
- Karamov SK. Korejskij rukopashnyj boj [Korean hand-to-hand combat]. M: Sovremennaja shkola; 2009. 336 p. [Russian]
- Karelin AA. Sistema integralnoy podgotovki vysokokvalifitsirovannykh bortsov [Integral training system for highly qualified wrestlers]. Abstr. PhDr. (Physical Ed&Sport.). SPb; 2002. 47 s. [Russian]
- Shakhmuradov YuA. Volnaya borba: nauchno-metodicheskiye osnovy mnogoletney podgotovki bortsov [Freestyle wrestling: scientific and methodological foundations of long-term training of wrestlers]. Makhachkala: ID «Epokha»; 2011. 368 s.
- Tarakanov BI, Apoyko RN. Sistemno-istoricheskiy analiz i tendentsii razvitiya vol'noy bor'by v programmakh Olimpiyskikh Igr [System-historical analysis and development trends of freestyle wrestling in the programs of the Olympic Games]. Uchenyye zapiski universiteta im PF Lesgafta. 2013; 4(98): 160-5. [Russian]
- Vasil'kov PS, Sidorov VM. Vlijanie silovyh sposobnostej borcov na sportivnyj rezul'tat [Influence of wrestler strength abilities on sports result]. V sb: Sovershenstvovanie sistemy podgotovki vysokokvalificirovannyh sportsmenov i rezerva v edinoborstvah. Mezhdunarodnaja nauchno-prakticheskaja konferencija. 2009, Apr. 28-29, Minsk. BGUFK. 2009; 4: 15-17. [Russian]
- Chernozub A, Korobeynikov G, Mytskan B, Korobeinikova L, Cynarski WJ. Modelling Mixed Martial Arts Power Training Needs Depending on the Predominance of the Strike or Wrestling Fighting Style. Ido Movement for Culture. Journal of Martial Arts Anthropology, 2018; 18(3): 28-36. https://doi.org/10.14589/ido.18.3.5
- DeCastro N. Examination of Lower Limb Ambidextrous Execution of the Snap Down Technique in Folk Style Wrestling. In: BSU Honors Program Theses and Projects. 2015; Item 93. Available from: http://vc.bridgew.edu/honors_proj/93
- Kiprych S, Donets O, Komosenko O, Khomenko P, Zhamardiy V, et al. Evaluation of Interconnection of Special Working Capacity and Response of Single Combat Sportsmen’s Cardiorespiratory System at the Stage of Direct Training for Competition. International Journal of Applied Exercise Physiology; Mazandaran. 2020; 9(7): 115-123.
- Korobeinikov GV, Korobeynikova LG, Vorontsov AV, Korobeinikova IG, Kirichenko VM. Peculiarities of Heart Rate Variability in Professional Wrestlers with Different Dominance of the Cerebral Hemispheres. Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sport. 2020; 5(2): 229-234. https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs05.02.229
- Latyshev M, Latyshev S, Korobeynikov G, Kvasnytsya O, Shandrygos V, Dutchak Y. The analysis of the results of the Olympic free-style wrestling champions. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise. 2020; 15(2): 400-410. https://doi.org/10.14198/jhse.2020.152.14
- Papassotiriou I, Nifli A-P. Assessing performance in pre-season wrestling athletes using biomarkers. Biochemia Medica. 2018; 28(2): 318-328. https://doi.org/10.11613/BM.2018.020706
- Pettersson S, Pipping Ekström M, Berg CM. Practices of Weight Regulation Among Elite Athletes in Combat Sports: A Matter of Mental Advantage? Journal of Athletic Training. 2013; 48(1): 99-108. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-48.1.04
- Rahmat AJ, Arsalan D, Bahman M, Hadi N. Anthropometrical profile and bio-motor abilities of young elite wrestlers. Physical education of students. 2016; 20(6): 63-9. https://doi.org/10.15561/20755279.2016.0608
- Saad AH. Physiological Profile of the Young Egyptian Wrestlers. World Journal of Sport Sciences. 2012; 6(1): 45-50. https://doi.org/10.5829/idosi.wjss.2012.6.1.1110
- Stordopoulos D, Giannakou E, P. Manaveli, I. Barbas, V. Gourgoulis, N. Aggeloussis. Reliability of Lower Limb Kinematics during the Arm-Throw Wrestling Technique, International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2016; 6(2): 67-73. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2017.1324541
- Basar S, Duzguna I, Atalay Guzel N, Cicioglu I, Çelik B. Differences in strength, flexibility and stability in freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestlers. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. 2014; 27: 321-330.
- Demirkan E, Kutlu M, Koz M, Ozal M, Favre M. Physical Fitness Differences between Freestyle and Greco-Roman Junior Wrestlers. J Hum Kinet. 2014; 41: 245-51. https://doi.org/10.3233/BMR-130451
- Podlivaev BA. The concept of top level wrestlers training. Proceedings of the Conference, Modern problems of high quality Training in wrestling, FILA. M; 2010 Sep 08. Available from: http://inwr-wrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Conference-Proceedings-2010.pdf#page=63
- Rezasoltani A, Ahmadi A, Nehzate-Khoshroh M, Forohideh F, Ylinen J. Cervical muscle strength measurement in two groups of elite Greco-Roman and free style wrestlers and a group of nonathletic subjects. Br J Sports Medicine 2005; 39: 440-443. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2004.013961
- Manolachi V. Direction of knowledge formation in the field of power training of athletes specialized in sports wrestling. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2019; 19 (Suppl 6): 2218-2222. https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2019.s6333
- Sorokin NK. Sportivnaya borba [Wrestling]. M: Fizkultura i sport; 1960. 484 p. [Russian]
- Chernogorov DN, Matveyev YuA, Bezzubov AA. The Equilibrium Function as an Indicator of Symmetry of Functional Status of Arm Wrestlers. Prace Naukowe Akademii im. Jana Długosza w Częstochowie Kultura Fizyczna. 2017; 16(1): 117-127. https://doi.org/10.16926/kf.2017.16.07
- Lenz AN, Wrestling: the manual for couches, publishing house. M: Physical culture and Sport; 1964. 494 p. [Russian]
- Kamalov RZ. The theoretical framework of the situational approach in the practice and theory of combat sports. Naucai sport: covremenietendentii. 2017; 15(2): 17-26.
- Shipilov AA. Attacking wrestler’s agility as a factor influencing response time. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2013. 5 p.
- Kharlampiev AA. Borba sambo [Wrestling Sambo]. M: Physical education and sport; 1964. 388 p. [Russian]
- Osipov A, Kudryavtsev M, Gatilov K, Zhavner T, Klimuk Y, Ponomareva E, et al. The use of functional training – crossfit methods to improve the level of special training of athletes who specialize in combat sambo. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2017; 17(3): 2013-2018. https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2017.03201
- Manolachi VG, Chebanu A. Postroenie i realizacija godichnogo cikla podgotovki borcov-junoshej na osnove optimal'nogo vybora trenirovochnyh vozdejstvij [Construction and implementation of the annual training cycle for young wrestlers based on the optimal choice of training influences]. Metodicheskoe posobie. Kishinev: Shtiinca; 2000. 43 p. [Russian]
- Kupcov AP. Osnovy metodiki trenirovki borca. Sportivnaja bor'ba [Bases of the methods of wrestler training. Sports wrestling]. M: Fizkul'tura i sport; 1978. p. 323-327. [Russian]
- Maljarenko AT, Tkachenko AN. Prognozirovanie uspeshnosti sportivnoj podgotovki junyh dzjudoistov (9-11) let na osnove rezul'tatov testirovanija dvigatel'nyh sposobnostej [Prediction of the success of sports training of young judokas (9-11) years old based on the results of testing motor abilities]. V: Materialy nauchnoj konferencii Har'kovskoj Akademii fizicheskoj kul'tury. Har'kov: HAFK, 2007. p. 95-99. [Russian]
- Manolachi VG. Obosnovanie programmy testov dlja kontrolja za podgotovkoj kvalificirovannyh dzjudoistok [Justification of the test program to control the training of qualified female judokas] V: Sbornik nauchnyh trudov «Mediko-pedagogicheskie aspekty podgotovki junyh sportsmenov». Smolensk: SGI; 1989. p. 109-111. [Russian]
- Manolachi VG. Pedagogicheskij kontrol' za fizicheskoj i tehniko-takticheskoj podgotovlennost'ju dzjudoistok [Pedagogical control over the physical and technical-tactical fitness of female judokas] Metodicheskoe posobie. Kishinev: Shtiinca; 1991. 36 p. [Russian]
- Matveev SF, Voloshhuk JaI. Bor'ba dzjudo [Judo wrestling]. K: Zdorov'e; 1974. 254 p. [Russian]
- Juravel AV, Zakorko IP, Skirta RI. Study of structure of technical operations in judo at the present stage his developments. Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov tvorcheskih special'nostej: Sb nauchn tr pod red Ermakova SS. Har'kov: HGADI (HHPI). 2003; 2: 47-53. [Russian] Aviable from: https://www.sportedu.org.ua/html/physical-edu/Pdf2003/FV-2003-02.pdf#page=48
- Matveev LP. Obshchaia teoriia sporta i ee prikladnye aspekty [The general theory of sports and its applications]. M: News; 2001. 333 p. [Russian]
- Iwai K, Okada T, Nakazato K, Fujimoto H, Yamamoto Y, Nakajima H. Sport‐specific characteristics of trunk muscles in collegiate wrestlers and judokas. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2008; 22(2): 350‐358.
- Semenov AG, Prokhorova MV. Greco-Roman wrestling. Textbook. М: Olimpia Press: Terra-Sport; 2005. 256 p.
- Novikov AD. Osnovy sportivnogo masterstva [Fundamentals of sportsmanship]. Monografija. 2-e izd, pererab i dop. M: Sovetskij sport, 2012. 256 p. [Russian]
- Latyshev SV, Minenko OV, Tvelina AO, Chaban IO, Petrenko OV. Development of Individualization Conception of Wrestlers’ Training. Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sport. 2017; 2(1): 226-230. https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs02.01.226
- Cankaya C. Examination of young wrestlers' leg reaction times and their relationships with explosive power. World Appl Sci J. 2000; 16: 189-197.
- Erawan B, Paramitha ST, Mulyana D, Ramadhan MG. The Digitalization of Wrestling Basic Techniques for Learning. 4th International Conference on Sport Science, Health, and Physical Education (ICSSHPE 2019). Advances in Health Sciences Research. 2019; 21: 178-182.
- Grigoryan AR, Lavrichinko KS, Gomboev BB. The Winning Move Technique and it’s Formation in Greco-Roman Wrestling. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences. 2011; 9(4): 1260-1268.
- Kuznecov AS, Zakirov DR. The method of training the wrestlers of the Greco-Roman style on the basis of taking into account the individual and peculiar properties of the psyche. Uchenye zapiski universiteta imeni PF Lesgafta. 2013; 1(95): 72-78. [Russian]
- Abul’khanov AN, Borisov IP. Effektivnost’ tekhniko-takticheskikh deystviy vysokokvalifitsirovannykh bortsov greko-rimskogo stilya v slozhnykh situatsiyakh protivoborstva po pravilam sorevnovaniy 2018 goda. Uchenye zapiski universiteta imeni PF Lesgafta. 2018; 7: 9-13. [Russian]
- Nagovitsyn RS, Osipov AYu, Kapustin AG, Anfilatova OV, Senator SYu. Determination of the dependence of competitive results on the procedure of sports selection among Greco-Roman wrestling athletes. Pedagogics, psychology, medicalbiological problems of physical training and sports. 2019; 23(4): 182-188. https://doi.org/10.15561/18189172.2019.0404
- Nagovitsyn RS, Volkov PB, Miroshnichenko AA, Tutolmin AA, Senator SYu. The influence of special graduated weight load in Greco-Roman wrestling on the growth of students’ sports results. Physical education of students. 2017; 21(6): 294-301. https://doi.org/10.15561/20755279.2017.0606
- Titarenko V, Tropin Y. Dynamics of indicators of competitive activity of highly qualified wrestlers. Slobozhanskyi herald of science and sport. 2020; 8(1): 75-78.
- Tropin Y, Latyshev M, Boychenko N, Kozhanova O, Mozoliuk O. Performances Analysis of Athletes of Greco-Roman Wrestling Ukrainian Team. Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sport. 2020; 5(3): 492–497. https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs05.03.492
- Tropin Y, Korobeynikov G, Korobeynikova L, Shackih V. The impact of rule changes on the competitive activity indices in Greco-Roman wrestling. Science in Olympic Sport. 2018; 4: 58-64.
- Boyko VF, Malinsky II, Andriitsev VA, Yaremenko VV. Competitive activity of highly skilled freestyle wrestlers at the present stage. Physical education of students. 2014; 4: 13-9. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.923391
- Kamalov RZ. Tactics – The organizing, beginning in system of combat sport. Uchenye zapiski universiteta imeni PF Lesgafta. 2013; 98(4): 49-53. https://doi.org/10.5930/issn.1994-4683.2013.04.98.p49-53
- Korobeynikov G, Latyshev SV, Latyshev N, Goraschenko A, Korobeynikova L. General laws of competition duel and universal requirements to technical-tactic fitness of elite wrestlers. Physical education of students. 2016; 20(1): 37-2. https://doi.org/10.15561/20755279.2016.0105
- Pryimakov O, Iermakov S, Eider J, Prysiazhniuk S, Mazurok N. Physiological criteria of functional fitness and determinants of physical work capacity of highly skilled wrestlers. Physical Education of Students. 2020; 24(4): 205-212. https://doi.org/10.15561/20755279.2020.0403
- Briskin Y, Pityn M, Zadorozhnaya O. Structure and content of fencers’ theoretical training. Physical education of students. 2013; 17(4): 10-4. doi: 10.6084/m9.figshare.669664
- Igumenov VM. Analysis of factors of training of skilled combat athletes. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2015; 12: 20.
- Korobeinikova L, Korobeynikov G, Cynarski WJ, Borysova O, Kovalchuk V, Matveev S, Vorontsov A, Novak V. Tactical Styles of Fighting and Functional Asymmetry of the Brain Among Elite Wrestlers. Ido Movement for Culture. Journal of Martial Arts Anthropology. 2020; 20(4): 24-30. https://doi.org/10.14589/ido.20.4.4
- Kozina Z, Repko O, Ionova O, Boychuk Y, Korobeinikov V. Mathematical basis for the integral development of strength, speed and endurance in sports with complex manifestation of physical qualities. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2016; 16(1): 70-76. https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2016.01012
- Schroder W, Harre D, Bauersfeld M. Fundamentals and methods of strength training. Principles of Sports training. Berlin: Sportverlag; 1982.
- Platonov VN. Sistema podgotovki sportsmenov v olimpiyskom sporte. Obshchaya teoriya i yeyo prakticheskiye prilozheniya: uchebnik dlya trenerov [The system of training athletes in Olympic sports. General theory and its practical applications: a textbook for trainers]. V 2 kn. K: Olimpiyskaya literatura; 2015. 680 р. [Russian]
- Gaverdovsky JK. Sports Training Exercises. Biomechanics. Methodology. Didactics. M: FiS; 2007. p. 820-844. [Russian]
- Platonov VN. Sistema podgotovki sportsmenov v olimpiyskom sporte. Obshchaya teoriya i yeye prakticheskiye prilozheniya [The system of training athletes in Olympic sports. General theory and its practical applications]. K: Olimpiyskaya literatura; 2004. 808 s. [Russian]
- Shirkovets EA, Shustin BN. General principles of training speed-strength qualities in cyclic sports. Journal of Sports Science. M: Soviet sport. 2003; 1.
- Shirkovets EA, Shustin BN. Standardization and classification of athletes'' working capacity rates versus skill levels. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2017; 1: 24.