Physical training and Sport. Theoretical and methodical aspects of physical education and sport
Age Features of the Coordination Abilities Development in Children of 6-9 Years OldChuprun N., Yurchenko I., Yurchenko E.
- Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky Grigory Skovoroda State Pedagogical University, 30, Sukhomlinsky St., Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky 08401, Kyiv region, Ukraine
The article deals with the problems of development of coordination abilities in children of primary school age.
The purpose of the study was to examine the age dynamics of the coordination abilities formation in children of primary school age.
Material and methods. In our study we used analysis and generalization of scientific and methodological literature and best teaching practice; pedagogical testing: holding posture with open eyes; shuttle running 3x10 m/s; running on the spot during 10 s, 30 s, 60 s; walking in the straight line without a visual guide; throwing rings on a tripod from a distance 1.5 m, 2.5 m, 3.5 m; game task “Transmitting telegram”; three moves forward with the exit; carpal dynamometry in full force and 50% from maximal power; methods of mathematical statistics.
Results and discussion. The study was conducted in school №7 in the town of Pereyaslav-Khmelnitskiy, in the experiment involved 59 girls and 62 boys of primary school age. The article determined the optimal periods of natural growth of the basic components of coordination abilities in children of 6-9 years. The information on age peculiarities of the development of the main components of coordination abilities in younger pupils was supplemented. It was established that in the period of 8-9 years boys and girls are sensitive to develop the ability to feel rhythm. The most favorable period for the development of the abilities to balance, accuracy and coordination of movements is between 7 and 8 years, and the ability to control the muscular effort of boys comes from 6 to 7 years and girls – from 7 to 8 years. The highest growth rates ability to control temporal parameters of movements was observed in boys from 8 to 9 years and in girls – from 7 to 8 years. The ability to control spatial parameters of movements comes between 6 and 7 years both in boys and girls.
Conclusion. The studied patterns of intensive development of coordination abilities in children from 6 to 9 years old are quite clearly consistent with numerous generalizations and experimental studies. Taking into account the heterochronous periods of development of coordination abilities in boys and girls aged 6-9 years, it is necessary to plan and direct pedagogical influence in order to achieve the highest level of development of these abilities. The coincidence in time of accented pedagogical actions with sensitive periods of abilities development can significantly increase their level.
Keywords: coordination abilities of primary school age
Full text: PDF (Rus) 626K
- Kozetov YY. Formyrovanye optymalnoi strukturы koordynatsyonnыkh sposobnostei u shkolnykov 7-9 let. Abstr. PhDr. (Physical Ed&Sport.). Kyiv; 2001. 21 s. [Russian]
- Skalii TV. Pedahohichnyi kontrol rozvytku koordynatsiinykh zdibnostei ditei i pidlitkiv. Abstr. PhDr. (Physical Ed&Sport.). Kherson, 2006. 216 s. [Ukrainian]
- Starosta W. Human movement science – anthropokinesiology. Inter- national Association of Sport Kinetics. Institute of Sport in Warsaw. University School of Physical Education and Tourism in Białystok. Warszawa. 2010; 32: 1-584.
- Donath L, Faude O, Hagmann S, Roth R, Zahner L. Fundamental movement skills in preschoolers: a randomized controlled trial targeting object control proficiency. Child Care Health Dev. 2015; 41(6): 1179–87. PMID: 25727741. https://doi.org/10.1111/cch.12232
- Volkov LV. Sportyvna pidhotovka molodshykh shkoliariv. K: Osvita Ukrainy; 2010. 388 s. [Ukrainian]
- Liakh VY. Koordynatsyonnye sposobnosty: diagnostyka y razvytye. M: TVT Dyvyzyon; 2006. 290 s. [Russian]
- Hestbaek L, Andersen STh, Skovgaard Th, Olesen LG, Elmose M, Bleses D, et al. Influence of motor skills training on childrens development evaluated in the Motor skills in PreSchool (MiPS) study-DK: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial, nested in a cohort study. Trials. 2017; 18: 400. PMID: 28851412. PMCID: PMC5576290. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-017-2143-9
- Seliutyna AV, Kanakov LP. Psykholoho-pedahohycheskaia korrektsyia poznavatelnoi y psykhoэmotsyonalnoi sfer mladshykh shkolnykov «hruppы ryska» na urokakh fyzycheskoi kultury Vestnyk Tomskoho hosudarstvennoho pedahohycheskoho unyversyteta. 2008; 8: 91-5. [Russian]
- Sadowski J, Niżnikowski T, Eds. Coordination motor abilities in scientific research. Józef Piłsudski University of Physical Education in Warsaw – Faculty of Physical Education and Sport in Biała Podlaska. 2010; 1(33): 1-262.
- Huang SY, Hogg J, Zandieh S, Bostwick SB. A ballroom dance classroom program promotes moderate to vigorous physical activity in elementary school children. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2012; 26(3), 160-5. PMID: 22208413. PMCID: PMC3744336. doi.org/10.4278/ajhp.090625-QUAN-203
- Matveev AP. Metodyka fyzycheskoho vospytanyia v nachalnoi shkole. Uchebnoe posobye dlia studentov sredn spets ucheb zavedenyi. M: Izdatelstvo VLADOS-PRESS; 2003. 248 s. [Russian]
- Serhyenko LP. Kryteryy normatyvov pry testyrovanyy dvygatelnykh sposobnostei u detei y molodezhy. IV naukovo–praktychna mizhnarodna konferentsiia “Adaptatsiini mozhlyvosti ditei ta molodi”: Materialy konferentsii. Odesa; 2002: 86–8. [Russian]
- Vyhotskyi LS. Razvytye vysshykh psykhycheskykh funktsyi. M: APNRSFSR; 1960. 500 s. [Russian]
- Huzhalovskyi AA. Etapnost razvytyia fyzycheskykh (dvyhatelnykh) kachestv y problema optymyzatsyy fyzycheskoi podhotovky detei shkolnoho vozrasta. Abstr. Dr. Sci. (Ped.). M; 1979. 26 s. [Russian]
- Cools W, Martelaer KD, Samaey C, Andries C. Movement skill assessment of typically developing preschool children: a review of seven movement skill assessment tools. J Sports Sci Med. 2009; 8(2): 154–68.
- Davies M. Movement and Dance in Early Childhood. London: Paul Chapman Publishing; 2003. doi: 10.4135/9781446215050
- Serikova YuN, Aleksandrova VA, Nechaeva AYu. Koordinaczionny`e sposobnosti: opredelenie, osnovne podkhody` k izucheniyu, sovremenny`e sredstva i metody` razvitiya. Ucheny`e zapiski universiteta imeni PF Lesgafta. 2018; 6(160): 224-31. [Russian]
- Pashkov IM, Domornikov SO. Osoblyvosti proiavu koordynatsiinykh zdibnostei v tkhekvondo. Edynoborstva. 2017; 1: 45–9. [Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.5298/1081-5937-45.3.01