Physical training and Sport. Medical and biological aspects of training athletes
Peculiarities of Heart Rate Variability in Professional Wrestlers with Different Dominance of the Cerebral HemispheresKorobeinikov G. V. 1, Korobeynikova L. G. 1, Vorontsov A. V. 1, Korobeinikova I. G. 1, Kirichenko V. M. 2
- 1 - National university of physical training and sport of Ukraine, 1, Fizkultury St., Kyiv 02000, Ukraine
- 2 - Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University, 8/1, Soborna pl., Bila Tserkva 09117, Kyiv region, Ukraine
The purpose of the work was to study the variability of heart rhythm in professional wrestlers with different brain hemisphere dominance.
Material and methods. Assessment of heart rhythm variability was performed using the system of information diagnostics of the cardiovascular system "Fazagraf" (Ukraine). The system allows recording ECG parameters, statistical and spectral analysis of heart rate variability. Functional hemispheric asymmetry of the brain was studied by test «Color & Word Test». According to the results of testing, semi-circular dominance was determined. Statistical analysis was performed using the software package «Statistica 7.0». Nonparametric statistics methods were used. The criterion for the significant Wilcoxon rank sums was used to assess the significance of the differences. We surveyed twenty professional wrestlers, members of the Kazakhstan national team in Greco-Roman wrestling at the age of 22-32 years. All athletes signed written consent to conduct the research, as recommended by ethics committees on biomedical research.
Results and discussion. Research conducted on the «Color & Word Test» revealed the dominance of cerebral hemispheres in athletes. According to the results of the functional asymmetry of the brain, all fighters were divided into two typological groups: with the predominance of left-hemispheric dominance (8 people) and right-hemispheric dominance (12 people). The results established the presence of significantly lower values of SDNN and CV in fighters with right hemisphere domination compared with the group of athletes with dominance of the left hemisphere of the brain. This fact indicates that there is a more intense regulation of heart rhythm in athletes with right-handed dominance. This is also confirmed by the values of the triangular index. The SDNN and CV indexes reflect the state of overall heart rhythm variability, the total effect of the sympathetic and parasympathetic parts of the autonomic nervous system on the sinus-atrial node of the heart.
Conclusion. Professional wrestlers with dominance of the right hemisphere of the brain had more intense regulation of heart rhythm compared to wrestlers with dominance of the left hemisphere of the brain. The increase in tension in the system of autonomous regulation of the heart rhythm in fighters with dominance of the right hemisphere of the brain is associated with the activation of the humoral and sympathetic regulation link. For a more efficient training process and the development of individual training programs for professional fighters, it is necessary to determine the dominance of the cerebral hemisphere.
Keywords: Greco-Roman wrestling, heart rate variability, professional wrestlers, hemisphere dominance
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 196K
- Curby D, Effect of uniform color on outcome of match at Senior World Wrestling Championships 2015. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2016; 6(1): 62-4. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2016.1210266
- Barbas I, Fatouros I, Douroudos I, Chatzinikolaou A, Michailidis Y, Draganidis D, et al. Physiological and performance adaptations of elite Greco-Roman wrestlers during a one-day tournament. European journal of applied physiology. 2011; 111(7): 1421-36. PMID: 21161266. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-010-1761-7
- Mirzaei B, Curby D, Rahmani-Nia F, Moghadasi M. Physiological profile of elite Iranian junior freestyle wrestlers. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2009; 23(8): 2339-44. PMID: 19826290. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181bb7350
- Tropin Y, Pashkov I. Features of competitive activity of highly qualified Greco-Roman style wrestler of different manner of conducting a duel. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports. 2015; 19(3): 64-8. https://doi.org/10.15561/18189172.2015.0310
- Tünnemann H, Curby D. Scoring analysis of the wrestling from the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2016; 6(2): 90-116. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2017.1315197
- López-González D, Miarka B. Reliability of a new time-motion analysis model based on technical-tactical interactions for wrestling competition. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2013; 3(1): 21-34. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2013.10878967
- Yamashita D, Arakawa H, Arimitsu T, Wada T, Yumoto K, Fujiyama K, et al. Physiological Profiles of International-and Collegiate-Level Japanese Male Freestyle Wrestlers in the Lightweight Classes. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2017; 7(1-2): 21-5. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2017.1341572
- Sybil M, Pervachuk R, Zahura F, Stelmakh Y, Bodnar I. Considering the current balance between lactate and alactate mechanisms of energy supply in preparation of free style wrestlers. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2018; 18: 1826-30. https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2018.s4267
- Podrigalo L, Iermakov S, Potop V, Romanenko V, Boychenko N. Special aspects of psycho-physiological reactions of different skillfulness athletes, practicing martial arts. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. 2017; 17(1): 519-26. https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2017.s2078
- Radchenko U, Korobeynikov G, Korobeynikova L, Shatskih V, Vorontsov А. Porivnialniy analys zmagalnoy dijalnosti naisilnishih ta ukrainiskih borciv greco-rimskogo stylu (na osnovi analyzu chempionatov svitu 2017 roku). Health, sport, rehabilitation. 2018; 1: 91-5. [Ukrainian]
- Aksutin V, Korobeynikov G, Korobeynikova L, Chernozub А, Volskiy D. Psychophysilogichniy stan u bokseriv iz riznim stilem vedenia poedinku. Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sport. 2017; 6(9): 27-30. [Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs02.07.027
- Korobeynikova L, Korobeynikov G, Richok T, Danko T, Shatskih V. Osoblivosty projavu neurodynamichnih functiy borciv visokoi kvalifikacii v dynamic trenuvalnogo procesu. Teoria i metodica fizichnogo vihovania i sportu. 2016; 4: 57-60. [Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.32652/tmfvs
- Moskvin, V, Moskvina N. Asymmetry and individual charachteristics of strong-willed regulation teenage athletes. Austrian Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2016; 5-6: 22-4. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0054651
- Korobeynikov G, Korobeynikova L. Functional brain asymmetry and cognitive functions in elite wrestlers. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 2014; 4(1): 26-34. https://doi.org/10.1080/21615667.2014.10878997
- Stroop JR. Studies of interference in serial verbal reactions. Journal of experimental psychology. 1935; 18(6): 643-8.
- Egorenkov А, Cherenko Т. Leksii-treningi po bioetice v sysyteme neprerivnogo nauchnogo obrazovania. 2018. [Russian]
- Nikolaenko N, Mikheyev M, Afanas'ev S. Changes of motor and sensory asymmetries in highly trained athletes. Journal of Evolutionary Biochemistry and Physiology. 2001; 37(3): 273-9. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:101262342
- Porozovs J, Praulīte G, Spunde A, Perepjolkina V, Voita D, Kauliņa E Peculiarities of psychophysiological functions of sportsmen with different dominance of brain hemispheres. Parameters. 2011: 13. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0362119710010135
- Kolomiets О, Bikov Е. Variabelnost ritma serdca сердца pri adaptacii k fizicheskim nagruzkam razlichnoi napravlenosti. Uchonie zapiski universiteta im PF Lesgafta. 2014; 12(119): 1-6. [Russian] PMID: 30704388
- Maltsev А, Melnikov А, Vikulov А, Gromova К. Sosotojanie centralnoy gemodynamiki s variabelnosty serdechnogo ritma u sportsmenov s raznoy napravlenostiu trenirovochnogo processa. Human Physiology. 2010; 36(1): 112-8. [Russian]
- Petrosienko Е. Vlijznie mejpolusharnoy asymmerii na aktivnost funkcionirovania serdechno-sosudistoy systemi kak meri napriajenia serdechnih adaptacionih mehanismov. Journal of Asymmetry. 2011; 5(3): 15-22. [Russian]
- Cheremushkina I. Komplexnoe issledovanie adaptacii k socialnomu stresu lic s razlichnimi typami funcionalnoy asymmetriy mozga. Journal of Asymmetry. 2015; 9(3): 31-64. [Russian]
- Cherapkina L. Changes of variability heart rate indexes during neurofeedback in different qualification sportsmen. Bulletin of Siberian Medicine. 2013; 12(2): 234-40. [Russian]