Experimental Medicine and Morphology
Correction of Submicroscopic Changes of the Respiratory Tract Components of Lungs with Phosphatidylcholine Liposomes in Case of Experimental Acute Renal FailureKlishch I. P.
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- 2, Halytska St., Ivano-Frankivsk 76018, Ukraine
Multiple studies have determined that acute renal failure is frequently accompanied by the development of acute lung injury syndrome. Nowadays, attention of many researchers is focused on study of the effectiveness of exogenic surfactant preparations in treatment of acute lung injury syndrome. One of such drugs is “Lipin” which is the liposome form of phosphatidylcholine.
The purpose of the work was to study the possibility of ultrastructural changes correction of the respiratory tract components with “Lipin” in case of experimental acute renal failure.
Material and methods. The experiments were done on male rats weighting 180-220 grams. Acute renal failure was induced by intramuscular administration of 10% glycerol water solution in dose of 10 ml per 1 kg of body mass. “Lipin” was injected intraperitoneally in dose of 50 mg per 1 kg of body mass one time in 30 minutes after the beginning of the experiment. The sampling of lung tissue for electron microscopy study was carried out under ketamine anaesthesia in 12, 24, and 72 hours after beginning of the experiment. Pieces of lung tissue were fixed in 2.5% solution of gluteraldehyde with further postfixation in 1% solution of osmium tetroxide. After dehydration, the material was poured over epon araldite. The cuts obtained on ultramicrotome “Tesla BS-490” were studied using electron microscope “PEM-125K”.
Results and discussion. The data of electronic microscopic study demonstrated that the most positive effect produced by intraperitoneal injection of “Lipin” was observed during the first 24 hours after beginning of the experiment. We noted that “Lipin” led to significant reduction of intracellular swelling and more valuable preservation of organelles of type I and II alveolocytes, endotheliocytes of blood capillaries, alveolar macrophages, and also to improvement of rheological blood properties. It is necessary to pinpoint that in animals treated with “Lipin”, not only expressiveness but also pervasiveness of pathological processes significantly reduced. The ultrastructural analysis, carried out in 72 hours after beginning of the research, demonstrated that “Lipin” administration did not influence significantly the nature of submicroscopic changes of the components of respiratory tract of the lungs.
Conclusion. The obtained results showed that the experimental acute renal failure was accompanied by expressed changes of ultrastructural organization of type I and II alveolocytes, endotheliocytes of blood capillaries and alveolar macrophages. The intraperitoneal administration of “Lipin” led to significant reduction of hyperhydration of the components of respiratory tract of the lungs. The most positive effect produced by “Lipin” was observed on early stage (during the first 24 hours) after beginning of the experiment.
Perspective for further research includes a complex morphofunctional study of the condition of components of respiratory tract of the lungs under the influence of “Lipin”.
Keywords: lungs, respiratory tract, experimental acute renal failure, Lipin
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 492K
- Basu RK, Donaworth E, Wheeler DS, Devarajan P, Wong HR. Antecedent acute kidney injury worsens subsequent endotoxin-induced lung inflammation in a two-hit mouse model. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011; 301: 597-604. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21677147. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajprenal.00194.2011
- Boyko VV, Minukhin DV, Naumova OV. Pathomorphologycal experimental substantiation of application of Lipin for acute pulmonary abscesses treating. Experimental and clinical medicine. 2008; 2: 77-80. [Russian]
- Dobryanskiy DO. The course of respiratory distress-syndrome in newborns treated with exogenous surfactant "Alveofact". Ukr J Pulm. 2001; 1: 43-7. [Russian]
- Fedoruk OS, Vladychenko KA. The influence of the lipin drug on the state of the renal function in case of nephrotoxic acute renal failure. Actual problems of transport medicine. 2006; 2(4): 67-9. [Russian]
- Grigoryev DN, Liu M, Hassoun HT, Cheadle C, Barnes KC, Rabb H. The Local and Systemic Inflammatory Transcriptome after Acute Kidney Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008; 19: 547-58. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18235097. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/2391061. https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2007040469
- Horoshko OM. Effect of lipin as a basis of liposomal lipoflavon on the functional state of kidneys in rats under a model of pathology. Bukovinian Medical Herald. 2014; 3(71): 49-52. [Ukrainian]
- Ignatenko GA, Mukhin IV. Іnfluence of liposomal drugs on alveolarcapillary penetrability in patients with concomitant kidney and lung diseases. Ukr J Pulm. 2009; 4: 50-53. [Ukrainian]
- Khromov AS, Ivanova IV, Stefanov AV. Resolution with lipin of circulation heavy disturbances in animals with septic shock model. Drugs. 2004; 3-4: 63-9. [Ukrainian]
- Lisitsa AV, Soodaeva SK, Klimanov IA, Chuchalin AG. Role of phospholipids in natural history and therapy of asthma. Pulmonology. 2006; 4: 112-5. [Russian]
- Mukhin IV. Membranoprotective approach tо treatment a comorbidal renopulmonal pathology. Ukrainian journal of nephrology and dialysis. 2009; 2(22): 33-8. [Russian]
- Oztay F, Kara-Kisla B, Orhan N, Yanardag R, Bolkent S. The protective effects of prostaglandin E1 on lung injury following renal ischemia-reperfusion in rats. Toxicology and Industrial Health. 2016; 32(9): 1684-92. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25883098. https://doi.org/10.1177/0748233715576615
- Rozova KV, Nazarenko AI, Tavolzshanova TI, Trepatskaya TV, Cherkesova MA. Correlation of tissue respiration and some mitochondria stereometric characteristics in lung tissue under hypoxic hypoxia and its pharmacological modifications. Fiziol Zh. 2005; 51(6): 25-9. [Russian]
- Scheremeta LM. Hepatoprotective effect of liposomal preparations in paracatamol-induced experimental hepatitis. Galician Medical Journal. 2008; 2(15): 77-9. [Ukrainian]
- Sukhomlyn TA, Netyukhaylo LG, Nikolenko DE. Morphological Changes in of Rats Lungs at Burn Desease and Correction by Lipin. Experimental and clinical medicine. 2014; 3(112): 196-9. [Russian]
- Yap SC, Lee HT. Acute Kidney Injury and Extrarenal Organ Dysfunction. New Concepts and Experimental Evidence. Anesthesiology. 2012; 5(116): 1139-48. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22415388. https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e31824f951b