Social medicine and organization of health care
Memory Function as a Criterion of Hygienic Donosological Diagnostics of Mental States of Professional Agrarian Lyceum StudentsBogachova O. S.
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- 4, Nauky Avenue, Kharkiv 61022, Ukraine
In the research we studied the influence of the learning environment factors related to the nature and conditions of learning on the functional state of the pupil’s organism, and primarily on its key functions such as short-term and operative memory; and the dependence of teenagers’ functional state on their psychological state, the objective basis of which are the donosological mental states.
The purpose of the study was to establish the criteria role of short-term and operative memory in the psycho diagnostics of the functional state of the central nervous system and prediction of the adaptive capabilities of teenagers who study agrarian specialties at the professional agrarian lyceum.
Materials and methods. 110 students aged 15-18 studying the agrarian specialties at the Odnobobovsky Professional Agrarian Lyceum were under supervision. We divided them into 3 groups. A study of spreading of donosological conditions was carried out with the help of a "psycho diagnostic questionnaire for high school pupils ". The volume of mechanical memory was assessed with the help of the "Method of full reproduction of the numerical series". The operative memory was studied by using the "Numeric Square" technique.
Results and discussion. The general trend for all three investigated groups was decreasing in the indicators of mechanical short-term memory, operative memory and performance information search (as an indicator of the efficiency of information reproduction). This fact can be explained by changes in students’ functional state. Almost half of the examined students had some changes in the state of mental health.
Conclusion. Memory is a criteria function that allows identifying the risks of developing donosological conditions, which are pre-pathological conditions leading to a risk of mental abnormalities for this kind of students.
Keywords: professional agrarian lyceum, short-term memory, operative memory, donosological mental states
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 560K
- Korobchans'kyj VO. Gigijenichna ocinka ta optymizacija funkcional'nogo stanu studentiv vyshhyh medychnyh navchal'nyh zakladiv na osnovi vprovadzhennja pryncypiv medycyny granychnyh staniv. Eksperymental'na i klinichna medycyna. 2015; 3(68): 154-8. [Ukrainian]
- Korobchans'kij VO. Gіgієnіchna psihodіagnostika donozologіchnih stanіv u pіdlіtkovomu ta junac'komu vіcі: posіbnik dlja doktorantіv, aspіrantіv, poshukachіv ta lіkarіv. Harkіv: Kontrast; 2005. 192 s. [Ukrainian]
- Korobchans'kyj VO, Lisova MA. Psyhogigijena: ukrai'ns'ko-rosijs'kyj tlumachnyj slovnyk. Harkiv: Kontrast; 2008. 292 s. [Ukrainian]
- Korol'chuk MS. Psyhofiziologija dijal'nosti. K: KIMU; 2002. 210 s. [Ukrainian]
- Bogachova OS, Vasil'chenko ІO, Veremієnko OV, ta іn.; Ed by Lіsoviy VM, Korobchans'kiy VO. Medicina granichnih stanіv: 30-rіchnij dosvіd psihogіgієnіchnih doslіdzhen': monografіja. Odesa: Pres-kur’er; 2016. 520 s. [Ukrainian]
- Pol'ka NS, Sergeta IV. Aktual'ni problemy psyhogigijeny ditej i pidlitkiv: shljahy ta perspektyvy i'h vyrishennja. Zhurnal NAMN Ukrai'ny. 2012; 18(2): 223-36. [Ukrainian]
- Korobchans'kyj VO, Proskurina TJu, Podavalenko OV, ta in. Psyhodiagnostychnyj opytuval'nyk starshoklasnyka jak metod ocinky donozologichnyh psyhichnyh staniv u pidlitkiv: Informacijnyj lyst. Kyi'v; 2005. 4 s. [Ukrainian]
- Sergeta IV, ta in. Metodyka skryningovoi' ocinky stupenja ryzyku vynyknennja donozologichnyh zrushen' u stani psyhichnogo zdorov'ja uchniv i studentiv. Dovkillja ta zdorov’ja. 2011; 2(57): 74-9. [Ukrainian]
- Ionov IA, ta in. Fiziologija vyshhoi' nervovoi' dijal'nosti (VND): navchal'nyj posibnyk. H: FOP Petrov VV; 2017. 143 s. [Ukrainian]
- Holmes J, Gathercole SE, Dunning DL. Adaptive training leads to sustained enhancement of poor working memory in children. Developmental Science. 2009; 12(4): F9-15. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19635074. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-7687.2009.00848.x
- Pine DS, Fox NA. Childhood antecedents and risk for adult mental disorders. Annual Review of Psychology. 2015; 66: 459-85. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-psych-010814-015038
- Scheid TL, Wright ER, Ed. A handbook for the study of mental health. Cambridge University Press, 2017. 714 p.
- Van der Molen MJ, Van Luit JE, Van der Molen MW, Klugkist I, Jongmans MJ. Effectiveness of a computerised working memory training in adolescents with mild to borderline intellectual disabilities. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. 2010; 54(5): 433-47. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20537049. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2788.2010.01285.x