Experimental Medicine and Morphology
Structural Reconstruction of Lymphatic Nodes after Experimental ObesityHarapko T. V. 1, Mateshuk-Vatseba L. R. 2
- 1 - Uzhhorod National University, Medical Faculty
- 3, Narodna Square, Uzhhorod, Transcarpathian region 88000, Ukraine
- 2 - Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Department of normal anatomy
- 69, Pekarskaya St., Lviv 79010, Ukraine
Obesity is one of the most common metabolic diseases in the world, which is growing to become epidemic. Obesity is a chronic relapsing disease manifested by excessive accumulation of adipose tissue and is the result of an imbalance of energy consumption and its expenditure in individuals with hereditary predisposition or in its absence.
The purpose of the research was to establish the histological changes in the structural components of the mesentery and iliac lymph nodes of the rats due to different terms of experimental obesity.
Material and methods. We conducted a study on 66 white rats of reproductive age (4.0-5.0 months) weighing 160-220 g. Microanatomy of the structural components of the lymph nodes of white rats under conditions of physiological norm was investigated on 10 intact animals. Experimental animals were divided into 4 groups. Each group had 5 male rats and 5 female rats. High-calorie diet was achieved due to the fact that food was added sodium glutamate at a dose of 0.07g/kg of body weight of the rat, and in water – 20% solution of fructose. Control was provided by 16 white rats, who instead of a high-calorie diet received a standard diet of vivariums.
Results and discussion. After 5-6 weeks of experiment, the number of secondary lymphoid nodules in the cortex of the mesenteric and iliac lymph nodes increased both in male and female rats. After 7-8 weeks of experiment the amount of adipose tissue increased around the organ. Arteries with thickened walls and veins were deformed, expanded and full-blooded. The subcapsular sinus enlarged. Medullary sinus enlarged too.
Conclusions. As a result of the conducted study we noted that the relative area of the B-dependent zone increased in male and female rats and the T-dependent zones decreased. Similar changes can lead to redistribution of activity in the direction of humoral immune response. There were signs of constant immune activity. The pathological changes deepened with an increase in the duration of the experiment.
Keywords: obesity, experiment, T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, lymph nodes
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 745K
- Vlasenko MV, Semeniuk IV, Slobodianiuk HH. Tsukrovyi diabet i ozhyrinnia – epidemiia XXI stolittia: suchasnyi pidkhid do problem [Diabetes mellitus and obesity – the epidemic of the 21st century: a modern approach to the problem]. Ukrainskyi terapevtychnyi zhurnal. 2011; 2: 50-5. [Ukrainian]
- Didushko OM. Vplyv ozhyrinnia na funktsiiu nyrok u khvorykh na hipotyreoz [The effect of obesity on the function of the kidneys in patients with hypothyroidism]. Klinichna endokrynolohiia ta endokrynna khirurhiia. 2016; 1(53): 41-6. [Ukrainian]
- Kozhem’iaka HV, Kovalova OM, Ashcheulova TV, Honchar OV. Vplyv ozhyrinnia na formuvannia zmin heometrii miokarda u khvorykh na hipertonichnu khvorobu [Influence of obesity on the formation of changes in the geometry of myocardium in patients with hypertension]. Problemy bezperervnoi medychnoi osvity ta nauky. 2016; 4: 29-34. [Ukrainian]
- Nakaz № 254 27.04.2006. Pro zatverdzhennia protokoliv nadannia medychnoi dopomohy ditiam za spetsialnistiu "Dytiacha endokrynolohiia" http://ukraine.uapravo.net/data/akt266/page8.htm [Ukrainian]
- Cherniak SI, redaktor. Osnovni pokaznyky invalidnosti ta diialnosti medyko-sotsialnykh ekspertnykh komisii Ukrainy za 2015 rik: analitychno-informatsiinyi dovidnyk [Basic indicators of disability and activity of medical and social expert commissions of Ukraine for 2015: analytical and informational directory]. Dnipro: Roial-Prynt; 2016. 157 s. [Ukrainian]
- Yakubtsova IV, Khilko TD, Savytska IM, Konopelniuk VV, Preobrazhenska TD, Makai Sh. Vplyv Trigonella foenum graecum L. na stan imunokompetentnykh orhaniv za umov diietindukovanoho ozhyrinnia u shchuriv [Influence of Trigonella foenum graecum L. on the condition of immunocompetent organs under diet induced obesity in rats]. Scientific Journal «ScienceRise: Biological Science». 2016; 3(3): 53-60. [Ukrainian]
- Elmore SA. Enhanced histopathology of the immune system: a review and update. Toxicologic Pathology. 2012; 40(2): 148-56. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22089843. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3465566. https://doi.org/10.1177/0192623311427571
- Khan IY, Dekou V, Douglas G, Jensen R, Hanson MA, Poston L, Taylor PD. A high-fat diet during rat pregnancy or suckling induces cardiovascular dysfunction in adult offspring. Am J Physiol. 2005; 288: 127-33. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15308487. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpregu.00354.2004
- Sankhla M, Sharma TK, Mathur K, Rathor JS, Butolia V, Gadhok AK, et al. Relationship of oxidative stress with obesity and its role in obesity induced metabolic syndrome. Clinical Laboratory. 2012; 58(5-6): 385-92. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22783566