Experimental Medicine and Morphology
Determination of Death Prescription and Conditions of Corpse's Being on the Basis of Changes in the Components of Biological Fluid from the Achilles TendonPovstianii V. A., Pesotskaya L. A., Yevdokimenko N. M.
- State Establishment "Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of Health Ministry of Ukraine"
- 9, Vernadsky St., Dnipro 49044, Ukraine
The purpose of the study was to determine the individual components in the biofluid extracted from the tissue of the Achilles tendon during 20 days of the postmortem period. This was performed in order to develop a method for determining the duration of death and assessing the conditions of the body's presence.
Material and methods. As a result of the autolysis processes there occur some changes in tissues of the Achilles tendon during 1-20 days after death. Concentrations of various substances were determined by the biochemical method. These changes reflect the development of biochemical reactions of various types in tissues after death.
Results and discussion. It was found out that autolysis in the connective tissue of the Achilles tendon occurred more slowly than in other tissues. We checked fluctuations of enzymes (amylase, alkaline phosphatase, AST (aspartate aminotransferase), total protein, uric acid, urea, cholesterol, sodium, potassium and iron. There was revealed dependence between increasing of biochemical processes activity in different periods due to the activation of different localization enzymes in the cell. We also obtained values median for contained components and their relations for different groups. Oscillatory changes of the ingredients contained in the liquid were revealed too. The usage of statistical methods of analysis is impossible due this effect. This is because the same concentrations of substances are found in different groups. It turned out that the methods of mathematical classification are more suitable for the purpose (assignment) of the sample to a given group. The criteria for the analysis of differences between the content of components were proposed.
Conclusions. After checking several methods were obtained the best results with the help of the method of Euclidean distance calculating in the multidimensional space from the centers of the given groups to the sample (the method of the closer neighbor). Their coordinates are the values of biochemical parameters. The biochemical method can be of prognostic value for determining the death’s time in the late postmortem period and assessing the condition of the corpse.
Keywords: autolysis, the Achilles tendon, biochemical substances, time of death, postmortem interval
Full text: PDF (Rus) 345K
- Olkhovskyy VO, Golubovych LL, Khyzhnyak VV, Konoval NS, Dmytrenko YuO. Vyznachennya tryvalosti posmertnogo periodu v sudovo-medychniy ekspertniy praktytsi: suchasnyy stan i perspektyvy. Eksperymentalna i klinichna medytsyna. 2016; 4 (73): 27-33. [Ukrainian]
- Sayakenov NB, Apbasova SA, Khudyakova Y, Baymoldynov ES, Alymbekova BR. Problemy opredelenyya davnosty nastuplenyya smerty. Nauka y zdravookhranenye. Medytsynskyy nauchno-praktycheskyy zhurnal. 2011; 2: 15-9. [Russian]
- Sadrtdynov AG, Khalykov AA. O vozmozhnosty byofyzycheskoy dyagnostyky davnosty smerty gnylostno transformyrovannogo trupa. Problemy ekspertyzy v medytsyne. 2015: 12-5. [Russian]
- Zhou Ch, Byard RW. Factors and processes causing accelerated decomposition in human cadavers. Anoverview. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. 2011; 8: 6-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jﬂm.2010.10.003
- Amendt J, Goff ML, Campobasso CP, Grassberger M. Current Concepts in Forensic Entomology. Springer Science+Business Media BV, 2010. 376 r. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-9684-6
- Buchani MJ, Anderson GS. Time since death: f rewiew of the current status of methods used in the later postmortem interval. Can Soc Forens Sci J. 2001; 34 (1): 1-22. https://doi.org/10.1080/00085030.2001.10757514
- Gunn A, Pitt SJ. Microbes as forensic indicators. Trop Biomed. 2012; 29: 311-30.
- Guo JJ, Zhub ZY, Dingb ZY, Zhaa L, Caia JF. The potential use of fungi community in postmortem interval estimation in China. Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series. 2015 Dec; 5: e476–8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2015.09.189
- Lushnykov EF, Shapyro NA. Autolyz (morfologyya y mekhanyzmy razvytyya). Moskva; 1974. 97 s. [Russian]
- Pygolkyn Yu.Y,, Bogomolova YN, Bogomolov DV, Amanmuradov AKh. Vozmozhnosty gystomorfometryy v sudebno-medytsynskoy teoryy y praktyke. Morfometrycheskye podkhody k dyagnostyke davnosty nastuplenyya smerty. Problemy ekspertyzy v medytsyne. 2001; 1 (4): 3-7; 31-5. [Russian]
- Patent 100981 Ukraine. Sposib otrymannya ta doslidzhennya biologichnoyi ridyny zi spoluchnoyi tkanyny / Povstyanyy VA. (UA); zayavl 12.09.2016; opubl 12.09.2016. Byul № 17. [Ukrainian]
- Shevchenko IM. Ekspertni kryteriyi vstanovlennya terminu davnyny smerti u piznomu postmortalnomu periodi: avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk, Abstr. PhDr. (Med.). Kyiv; 1999. 21 s. [Ukrainian]
- Shorokhov AE. O dynamyke autolyza v eksperymente. In: Gystokhymyya v normalnoy y patologycheskoy morfologyy. Pod red Subbotyna MYa. Novosybyrsk, 1967. s 385-6. [Russian]
- Kutyakov VA, Salmyna AB, Chykun VY. Kontsentratsyya makro- y mykroelementov v byologycheskykh obektakh kak dyagnostycheskyy pryznak v sudebno-medytsynskoy ekspertnoy praktyke. Sybyrskyy medytsynskyy zhurnal. Yrkutsk. 2015; 3: 14-8. [Russian]
- Monica Cristina Francisco Tome. Estimation of Postmortem Interval Based on Cell Death Progression in Biological Fluids: Abstr. PhDr. (Med.). Faculty of Medicine of University of Porto; 2017. 44 p.
- Dyakonov AG. Analyz dannykh, obuchenye po pretsedentam, logycheskye ygry, systemy WEKA, RapidMiner y MatLab. Uchebnoe posobye. M, 2010. 275 s. [Russian]