Humanitarian issues of medicine and problem of teaching at the higher school
Organization of Intern-Doctors’ Training in the Therapeutic Dentistry DepartmentRomaniuta I. A.1, Samoilenko I. I.2, Nazarova D. I.2, Hryhorenko L. V.1, Shevchenko I. V.1
- 1 - State Establishment "Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of Health Ministry of Ukraine"
- 9, Vernadsky St., Dnipro 49044, Ukraine
- 2 - Dnipro Institute of Conventional and Alternative Medicine
- 17, Sevastopilskaya St., case 4, Dnipro 49005, Ukraine
The article deals with the experience of organizing theoretical and practical training for intern-doctors, which were studied in the therapeutic dentistry department. Effectiveness of the intern-doctors training is determined by a quality of education at the university, innovative technologies usage and working on the therapeutic basis. Acquisition of skills should be achieved through the independent work with literature sources, self- education, diagnostic and therapeutic tasks solution, participation in educational games, and presentation of reports at the clinical conferences. Such activities provide a high level of professional training for the intern-doctors and determine their readiness to independent professional activity.
Education of the intern-doctors at the therapeutic dentistry department should be focused on the improving of theoretical and practical training, including emergency assistance, mastering of the innovative dental technologies, wide usage of information technologies for the development of independent cognitive activity, stimulating and creative new approach to education. This model of intern-doctors’ education allows to achieve main objective of the first phase of postgraduate education – preparation of future dentists to independent medical practice.
Keywords: intern-doctors, education, therapeutic dentistry
Full text: PDF (Eng) 171K
- Ekhalov VV, Drain VS, Beds DM, Liashchenko AV, Klihunenko EN. Principles of training of the internship doctors from different specialties at the cycle "Emergencies". Medicine of emergency. 2011; 4 (35): 126-8. [Russian].
- Hyrin VM. Innovative technology at the organization of postgraduate education of doctors according to the experience of KMAPO, named by P. L. Shchupik). Health Protection in Ukraine. 2002; 1 (4): 36-40. [Ukrainian].
- Morozova NA, Kvashenko VP, Demina TN, Mogilevkina IA, Morozova NI. Postgraduate training at the forming of qualified specialists. Medical-social problems. 2013; 18 (1): 129-30. [Ukrainian].
- Muzychina AA, Agafonova AA, Bugorkova IA, Aleksandrov EI. Distance learning at the training of the internship doctors dentists. Medical-social problems. 2012; 17 (3): 142-3. [Russian].
- Nahornaia NV, Ostropolets SS, Borduhova EV, Konopko NN, Pshenichnaia EV, Chetverik NA. Ways of activisation of the internship doctors activity. Children health. 2011; 3 (30): 72-4. [Ukrainian].
- Sazonov BA. Individually-oriented organization of the educational process at the condition of modernization of higher education. Higher education in Russia. 2011; 4: 10-24. [Russian].
- Talalaenko AN, Denisenko AF, Borisova TP, et al. Information technology at the medical school as means of optimization education by clinical disciplines. Ukrainian Journal of telemedicine and medical telematics. 2007; 5 (1): 71-4. [Russian].
- Typical curriculum and programme of specialization (internship) for graduates of the higher medical educational establishments III-IV accreditation levels, speciality "Dentistry". Poltava, 2013. [Ukrainian].
- World conference on the higher education: New dynamics of higher education and scientific research for the change and development. UNESCO, Paris, 5-8 July, 2009. Communiqué of Russia. 2009; 11: 41-8.